Dr. Mark Pimentel is an expert on conditions related to the microbiome, including small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). In this edition of Revolution Health Radio, I welcome Dr. Pimentel back to the show to talk about SIBO and its links to IBS, food poisoning, and autoimmunity.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The link between food poisoning, SIBO, and IBS
- IBS and autoimmunity
- Available treatments for people with IBS-D
- Getting treatment for IBS-C and methane-predominant SIBO
- Pimentel’s upcoming study on lovastatin
- Small intestinal fungal overgrowth (SIFO)
- The low-fermentation diet (and problems with the low-FODMAP diet)
- New findings from Dr. Pimentel
Hey, everybody, it’s Chris Kresser here. Welcome to another episode of Revolution Health Radio. This week I’m really excited to welcome Dr. Mark Pimentel back on the show as my guest. Dr. Pimentel is currently the head of the Pimentel Laboratory and executive director of the Medically Associated Science and Technology, or MAST, program at Cedars-Sinai. This program focuses on the development of drugs, diagnostic tests, and devices related to conditions of the microbiome.
Dr. Pimentel has been very active in research and served as a principal investigator or co-investigator for numerous basic science, translational, and clinical…